If you’re obsessed with your weight, it’s time to talk to someone.
Anorexia and bulimia are eating disorders found in people who have placed a high value on controlling their weight and shape. To prevent weight gain, they use extreme methods that interfere with activities in their lives.
Symptoms of an eating disorder include:
- Obsessive thoughts or feelings of guilt about eating
- Using vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive exercise to control weight
- Self-esteem too dependent upon how you look
- Feeling “fat” or overweight after losing weight
- Hearing comments from others that you look too skinny
- Consistent excuses to avoid meals, activities, and friends
If you think you or someone you love may have an eating disorder, find help and hope by contacting one of the following organizations.
Acacia Medical Mission
(830) 228-4219visit sitePrimary medical care to uninsured residents of western Comal County ages 10-64.
Hill Country MHDD
(830) 620-6221visit siteClinical services to promote independence and recovery in adults and children with mental health symptoms.
In Mind Out
(830) 730-6090visit site(sliding scale fees available)
Emotional Wellness Center
(830) 627-7006visit siteLicensed, professional counseling and support groups.
NBCM-Volunters in Medicine
(830) 632-5131visit siteNo cost primary medical and dental care to low-income residents of New Braunfels and Comal County who are without health insurance.
NB Door of Hope Counseling Center
(830) 632-5039visit siteReduced fee, Christian-based counseling services to the New Braunfels community from mental health professionals.
River City Advocacy
(830) 643-0200visit siteSupport groups, life skills workshops and professional counseling for individuals and families.