If you or your child can’t stay on a task and get it done due to ADHD, it’s time to talk to someone.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood disorders found in the nation. Scientists are not sure what causes ADHD but believe genetics, environmental factors, and even nutrition may play a part.
People who have ADHD may:
- Become easily distracted, forgetful, and miss details
- Have difficulty following directions
- Become quickly bored with tasks
- Have trouble completing and turning in homework
- Fidget and squirm in their seats
- Talk nonstop
If you think you or someone you love just can’t focus, find help and hope by contacting one of these local organizations.
Acacia Medical Mission
(830) 228-4219visit sitePrimary medical care to uninsured residents of western Comal County ages 10-64.
Communities In Schools
(830) 620-4247visit siteSchool based counseling and support services for students in need of help.
(830) 629-6571visit siteSocial services, counseling, and preventative education to individuals and families.
Hill Country MHDD
(830) 620-6221visit siteClinical services to promote independence and recovery in adults and children with mental health symptoms.
In Mind Out
(830) 730-6090visit site(sliding scale fees available)
Emotional Wellness Center
NBCM-Volunters in Medicine
(830) 632-5131visit siteNo cost primary medical and dental care to low-income residents of New Braunfels and Comal County who are without health insurance.