If you’re using drugs and can’t or don’t want to stop, it’s time to talk to someone.
Using drugs doesn’t always lead to abuse or addiction. However, if drug use causes problems in your life – at work, school, home, or in your relationships – you probably have a drug abuse or addiction problem.
Symptoms of drug abuse or addiction include:
- Neglecting responsibilities at school, work, or home
- Doing dangerous things like driving or taking risks while high
- Can’t remember what you’ve done
- Needing more and more to get the same effect
- Taking prescription medications meant for someone else or more than recommended
- Continuing using, despite knowing it’s hurting you
If you think you or someone you love may be abusing drugs, find help and hope at one of these local organizations.
Acacia Medical Mission
(830) 228-4219visit sitePrimary medical care to uninsured residents of western Comal County ages 10-64.
(830) 629-6571visit siteSocial services, counseling, and preventative education to individuals and families.
Hill Country MHDD
(830) 620-6221visit siteClinical services to promote independence and recovery in adults and children with mental health symptoms.
In Mind Out
(830) 730-6090visit site(sliding scale fees available)
Emotional Wellness Center
(830) 627-7006visit siteLicensed, professional counseling and support groups.
NBCM-Volunters in Medicine
(830) 632-5131visit siteNo cost primary medical and dental care to low-income residents of New Braunfels and Comal County who are without health insurance.
New Braunfels Two-Four Club
830-625-0057visit siteAddiction support groups including Alcoholics Anonymous and Al-Anon for adults, youth and families.
River City Advocacy
(830) 643-0200visit siteSupport groups, life skills workshops and professional counseling for individuals and families.
(830) 310-2585visit siteRecovery support services, in a safe and nurturing environment. Their vision is "Changing the world through recovery, one underserved community at a time."