If you or someone you love has been feeling really down, and just can’t snap out of it, it’s time to talk to someone.
Depression is sadness that just won’t go away. As a result, it interferes with your ability to work, play, or enjoy your family. Nobody knows exactly what causes depression, but the good news is it is rather treatable.
Depression can include symptoms such as:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Withdrawal from activities, interests, and people
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating, and making decisions
- Insomnia, or sleeping excessively
- Health issues, weight changes, or body aches
- Sense of hopelessness
Help via Text Messaging
FIND HELP IN A CRISIS OR TEXT “NAMI” TO 741741
Help via Online Chat
Counsellors are also standing by to offer anonymous help via chat at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
Suicide Prevention Apps
Several mobile apps are available to help you recognize the warning signs and to offer quick links to helpful resources during a crisis. Here are a few examples:
- MY3 offers immediate resources for those who struggle with depression and thoughts of suicide.
- HELP Prevent Suicide is a simple app that provides quick access for those struggling with suicidal thoughts as well as those who may be concerned for loved ones.
- You Can! is designed for those supporting someone in need or who think a loved one may be in danger.
In conclusion, if you think you or someone you love may be having difficulty due to depression, find help and hope at one of the following organizations.